We are looking for a talented finance professional with passions to develop career in the fast-growing Venture Capital industry in Singapore. As a strong pillar in managing the fund and investment portfolio, this position will provide unique opportunity to support the business and corporate finance for our funds in Singapore and China. The compensation will be aligned to the market level with flexible working arrangement.
What to Expect
· Great career potential in VC fund management industry
· Experienced colleagues with excellent background from biotech，pharmaceutical & healthcare, academic institutions, financial market, and management consultancy etc.
· Exciting challenges in a fast-growing investment firm
· International exposure for China, Southeast Asia and Japan
· Competitive salary and performance based annual bonus
· Flexible working arrangement
1. Manage the accounting processing and data analysis, review the financial statement of the fund, the fund manager and various related entities; perform daily corporate accounting duty in accordance with accounting standards and internal management requirements;
2. Manage and monitor the capital account; provide the end-to-end financial support for the Singapore based fund, including fund registration and setup, capital raising, business operations, investment due diligence, post-investment management, and investment exit.
3. Provide support for capital management and treasury of the Singapore fund and the management company; participate in financial planning，interaction with banks and other potential investors, monitoring transactions, transfer of capital, investment valuation and other finance related activities;
4. Lead or support the financial due diligence and compliance audit of the invested entities / potential investment candidates;
5. Manage the tax (including CRS) filing and other related fillings, reporting of the fund and the management company;
6. Produce the regular reports for investors of the fund, manage the third-party companies for the annual audit, the extended audit and due diligence of investors or invested entities, and assist in providing various compliance support required by various government authorities;
7. Support the financial related inquiries from the investors, facilitate the development and review of the funds and invested projects distribution plan， fund exit plans and relevant Notification Letters, etc.;
8. Interact constantly with investors and partners to maintain daily connections and relationship
9. Support the financial and administrative activities as required.
1. 2+ years’ experience in VC/PE finance function or fund auditing service in an accounting firm
2. Familiar with VC/PE related Finance Operations, CPA or experience of VCC in Singapore is preferred
3. Bachelor degree or above, major in finance or accounting
4. Strong data analysis skill with critical thinking, being resilient and persistent, being accountable and carry sense of urgency
5. Being proactive, capable to acquire new knowledge quickly, carry high standard to explore the potential best solutions.
6. Being agile, energetic, passionate, and committed
7. Strong in communication
8. Proficiency in English and Chinese (preferred)
1. Responsible for identifying investment opportunities in the target markets particularly in the biotechnology field
2. Perform research on potential clients in the target markets and gather intelligence on these clients by establishing the key business drivers, determining the barriers to entry and identifying the key competitors
3. To work with potential clients to assist with the identification of the best investment strategies to approach and to convince them of the Company’s value proposition
4. Work closely with management team to manage internal and external stakeholders
5. Tracks progress of investment projects, manages timeline and project milestones
1. Possess a B.Sc. or M.Sc. Degree in Biotechnology or related field
2. Good understanding of relevant biotechnology technologies and applications
3. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
4. Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and projects
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills including having a pleasant and calm composure
6. Ability to persuade, negotiate and influence key stakeholders
7. Prior experience in VC/PE investment environment or finance services will have added advantage
8. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
We are looking for post-graduate students to join our internship program. Our interns will be participating in professional topics such as industry research, project and technology evaluation, and have the opportunity to understand the complex strategic and operation considerations involved from project mining to post-investment management.
Every intern will be assigned to an investment manager for a 1-to-1 mentorship with learning and development plans to help each intern gain the relevant knowledge involved in the translation of biological insights to biotech company creation.
1. Post-graduate students possessing a BSc. Degree in Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Medicine or related field
2. Good understanding of relevant biotechnologies and applications
3. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
4. Positive attitude and willingness to learn
5. Proactive and responsive in delivering high-quality works that support the team and the company
6. Good personality and good communication skills in English and Chinese